Look, we are in a deep mess economically, environmentally, ethically, education-wise and tied to our rapacious appetite in the West (and now China) for energy. The 5-e’s!
The masters of the universe are the Oil Companies, the War Profiteers, the Millionaires and Billionaires sacking it to the 90 percent of the globe, talk dodging, illegal acts of war-theft-abuse on a grand scale, the Media owned and rigged by the Point Zero Zero One Percent, the Propaganda Machines of the West to include education and marketing and psychology, and others, which I call FIRE — finance insurance and real estate.
Now we are doing more dirty wars and dirty deeds to a democratically-elected Maduro in Venezuela, and one architect is Pence, self-defined right-wing AngloZionist Christian, and then another, Elliot Abrams, self-described Jewish lawyer and with a 40-year record of supporting rape, torture, military incursions, Contras, drugs for guns.
But then, there is no diff between Pelosi-Gore-Trump-Cruz-Rubio-Schumer. There are no “two parties”; just the Party of $.
A fellow writer at LA Progressive talks about the Holocaust not known by Europeans (where it happened and where it was facilitated and where the Jewish Homeland SHOULD have been colonized, not Palestine.
Look, we have to teach old and young so many things about history,, about the history not revealed. Never to be repeated. Ha.
Here’s the article by Steve Hochstadt and then my responses: Did the Holocaust Happen?
What does this mean, Steve:
Sometimes leftists are criticized, because they can be linked with other people who would like to see less attention paid to the Holocaust. For example, the two women who just became the first Muslim women elected to Congress, Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar, are often accused by Republicans of being antisemitic, because of their criticisms of Israeli policy. Their comments do sometimes veer towards condemnations of Jews as a group, and Omar just had to apologize for some of her tweets. But their criticisms of Israel are echoed by many Jews. I find such conservative attacks misleading, but I am one of those Jews who is critical of Israeli treatment of Palestinians.
Look, I have fought the illegitimacy of the project to kill the world by neocons and slick people like Kissinger or Abrams. We have a terrible history of leaders — many Jewish — proclaiming the right to wage genocide, torture, land theft, rape, and cultural cleansing in many countries. Do our youth and adults need schooling on all the crap that has happened after the Holocaust, now in Venezuela, where youth may end up killing in the name of Capitalism? That’s a lot of history, attributed to a cabal of Jews and Anglos, all white, who want to be masters of the world militarily and economically.
Abrams? His hands have been involved in so much death and destruction:
Some say history repeats itself. Mark Twain said history doesn’t repeat, but it rhymes. The January 25 appointment of convicted perjurer Elliott Abrams as the new US Special Envoy on Venezuela is evidence that history just goes on and on and on with ironic cruelty and relentless injustice. That would be especially true if you happen to have the world’s largest proven oil reserve, as Venezuela does.
Adding Elliott Abrams to this team does little to provide hope for the Venezuelan people. Contrary to Pompeo’s assertion, Abrams has never demonstrated “passion for the rights and liberties of all peoples,” least of all Palestinians. But Abrams’s demonstrated capacity for supporting subversion, torture, and mass killing does indeed make him “a perfect fit and a valuable and timely addition.” After all, Abrams represents the continuity of 40 years of genocidal US global policies. And he participated in many of them, as reported with devastating detail on Democracy NOW as well as the terror timeline in The Intercept, but not so much in mainstream media.
We talk a lot about Pence’s right wing Christian background. About the dirty deeds of Catholics and their priests. But what about Elliot? His religious background, upbringing, and the rotten schools he attended? Is it antisemitic to bring up his early years, which might explain his world view? Abrams, like many Jews, despises Palestinians. Is that not relevant?
Am I in trouble for making the connection from his bio from Wikipedia and maybe Abrams’ worldview? Or the worldview of Stephen Miller and his Judaism and how Miller is one major architect in Trump’s House? Who knows —
Elliott Abrams was born into a Jewish family in New York in 1948. His father was an immigration lawyer. Abrams attended the Little Red School House in New York City, a private high school whose students at the time included the children of many of the city’s notable left-wing activists and artists. Abrams’ parents were Democrats.
Abrams received his Bachelor of Arts from Harvard College in 1969, a master’s degree in international relations from the London School of Economics in 1970, and his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1973. He practiced law in New York in the summers for his father, and then at Breed, Abbott and Morgan from 1973 to 1975 and with Verner, Liipfert, Bernhard, McPherson and Hand from 1979 to 1981
Which genocide? How many Native Americans killed from Columbus to Trump? Which country lost the most people during WW II? China and Russia? Which genocide, the Belgium Congo, the French Indochina? Post-colonial genocide in most African nations? How much do we talk about that? Millions upon millions dead! By the powers of the West! Directly and indirectly!
Which structural violence, AKA, slow genocide, are we talking about that has been perpetrated by Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, World Bank, et al?
Many discuss the Holocaust Industry, and, if you look at Holly-Dirt, Netflix, the entire US media publishing gig, however, we get not one critical look at Israel and AngloZionist illegal bombings of Iran, of Syria, and the open prison of Gaza and the country’s disproportionate response to rock throwers?
Does the average American and European know anything about the Imperial projects many in the current EU have done? Come on.
The banking policies of transnationals have killed tens of millions.
Absurd to think the German Holocaust needs dusting off. There are so many advocacy groups that bring up the dirty truth of Nazi genocide.
Norman Finkelstein states that his consciousness of “the Nazi holocaust” is rooted in his parents’ experiences in the Warsaw Ghetto; with the exception of his parents themselves, “every family member on both sides was exterminated by the Nazis”. Nonetheless, during his childhood, no one ever asked any questions about what his mother and father had suffered. He suggests, “This was not a respectful silence. It was indifference.” It was only after the establishment of “the Holocaust industry”, he suggests, that outpourings of anguish over the plight of the Jews in World War II began. This ideology in turn served to endow Israel with a status as “‘victim’ state” despite its “horrendous” human rights record.
According to Finkelstein, his book is “an anatomy and an indictment of the Holocaust industry”. He argues that “‘The Holocaust’ is an ideological representation of the Nazi holocaust”.
In the foreword to the first paperback edition, Finkelstein notes that the first hardback edition had been a considerable hit in several European countries and many languages, but had been largely ignored in the United States. He sees The New York Times as the main promotional vehicle of the “Holocaust industry”, and notes that the 1999 Index listed 273 entries for the Holocaust and just 32 entries for the entire continent of Africa.
Cynthia Maher says: February 14, 2019 at 9:33 am
I don’t think that they should ever stop teaching about the Holocaust. However, as Mr. Haeder pointed out, the study of genocide should include the various atrocities from all over the world beginning with Christopher Columbus and now Trump killing babies at the border.Reply
- Paul Haeder says February 14, 2019 at 12:46 pm — The world is now more than the canon of Western Civilization, of the old world, and we need not look any further to see a world under a new historical and creatively written microscope ”Memory of Fire by Eduardo Galeano. Do Americans know the story of the A bombs on Japan as deliberate mass killings. The some 20 million killed by the US and its proxies over the last 60 years!
- I am for all despicable acts tied to empire and expansion and land theft and genocide to be taught in any culture or classroom. Genocide of Armenians! Japanese rapes of Chinese! Never forget, never again, as we have the same old white guys, Jew and Christian, dictating to the world who shall day, and who is the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Hmm, Israel! Interesting how that society works, yet we get very little truth in mainstream education and media.
- In the world of Joseph Stalin, induced famine was the prime weapon of choice, though mass execution and exile helped him dispose of tens of millions he viewed as “enemies of the people”.
- To Henry Kissinger, the world, particularly Indochina, was very much a small chess game. Civilians were mere pawns ripe for sacrifice through hi-tech weaponry, including biological and chemical warfare, to enforce his worldview at any cost. Millions lost their lives to his cerebral game board.
- To Pol Pot, struggle was little more than purification, erasing through starvation, overwork and execution a quarter of his people whose sole crime was to see life through a prism that collided with his own – no matter how soft their view or backward his sight.
- In Rwanda up to half a million women were sexually assaulted, mutilated or murdered, along with an equal number of male Tutsis, as enemy agents of the Hutu state – machetes and rape induced Aids to the plentiful weapons of preference.
- Slow-motion genocide: These are but a few of the extremes of genocide, those rare cases we are told noted mostly for mass murder, systemic rape or group starvation – the worst of the worst. Yet, genocide does not demand of us an immediate mountain of bodies or an explosive rage of terror for international law to take hold.
- As it turns out, in what increasingly seems to be more than mere passing coincidence, the legal definition of “genocide” enacted by the UN General Assembly was born in 1948, the very same year as Israel – which has since gone on to become both expert at its application and legendary in its denial.In relevant part, under the applicable Convention, genocide means “any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: (a) killing members of the group; (b) causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; or (c) deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part”.
- Each and every one of these types of genocide has been perpetrated by Israel, seemingly with almost proud boast, and no accountability, for almost 70 unbroken years.
- One need not rest upon obtuse historical footnotes to find abundant, indeed systemic, acts of extermination carried out by Israel since 1948 against Palestinians – very much a cognizable “national, ethnical, racial or religious group” as those terms are contemplated and commonly understood and applied under international law.
- Beginning with its mass expulsion, rape and murder at the onset of the Nakba (the Catastrophe) Israel has devoted itself to 68 years of non-stop genocide coming up for air only periodically to retool or to change the nature of its weaponry of choice.What started out with the expulsion, at gunpoint, of more than 700,000 Palestinians from their ancestral homeland set in motion a refugee stampede that has grown to more than seven million displaced and stateless people, providing the world more than a disturbing glimpse of what was to come decades later in Syria.
And it can be said a thousand times — NPR, National Petroleum Pesticide Propaganda Radio, well, listening to NPR is as difficult as listening to Alex Jones, Rachel Maddow and FOX.
NPR misleads public in report on AIPAC vs Ilhan Omar
Confirm for yourself —
AIPAC: tip of the iceberg
During the broadcast, NPR’s Peter Overby mentions pro-Israel billionaire Sheldon Adelson and a few other pro-Israel groups, implying these are largely the extent of the Israel lobby.
Overby and his guests fail to inform listeners of the full range and power of the Israel lobby in the United States: hundreds of organizations embedded in every state in the union and almost every campus, with a combined revenue of well over $6 billion.
Added to this are pro-Israel billionaire donors who regularly deploy their wealth on behalf of Israel, including Adelson and his Israeli wife Miriam, Israeli-American Haim Saban, Paul Singer, Norman Braman, and Larry Ellison, who have a combined net worth of close to $115 billion.
Wednesday’s report is not an isolated instance.
Analyses have shown that NPR has a long pattern of giving listeners Israel-centric reports that fail to give listeners the full, accurate picture of this profoundly important issue.
Alison Weir is executive director of If Americans Knew, president of the Council for the National Interest, and author of “Against Our Better Judgment: The Hidden History of How the U.S. Was Used to Create Israel.” Her articles have been published by MintPress News, The Link, Project Censored, Dissident Voice, Antiwar.com, CounterPunch, Z Magazine, the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, and others, including several anthologies.